Going to try to incorporate a Kilduff Lightning Rod Shifter. It is a really high quality product produced by Kilduff Machine IN California. Brian Kilduff is the owner. Brian is exceptionally easy to work with and delivered the high quality product as promised. We knew there would be challenges going in as the shifter unit itself is self contained. It measures longer and narrower than the OEM GTO shifter and is longer and wider than the B&M Quicksilver. Brian makes a very nice console addition that does fit very well to the shifter assembly. The problem is marrying it up to the GTO Dash Panel trim that hooks to the current OEM setup. Alternatives would include
- modifying the OEM console or
- just making a new console. Issues include
Issues with the fitment include
- Overall length of the shift unit which is self contained. The unit really will look good as a standalone unit not associated with a console.
- The current shifter throw gets really close to the front dash panel
- The OEM GTO has electric windows with controls integrated into the console and the Body Control Module. While they can be relocated, circuit integration ofr each control to each window is over my head.
- The OEM GTO Traction Control button is in the console.
- The overall OEM Console is integrated into the dash panel with asymetric curving trim that is hard to replicate and hard to fit custom additions to.